Attorney Advertising Disclaimer
The material on this web site has been prepared and is copyrighted by Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP (“Lieff Cabraser”). The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The material is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Information provided by or cited to third parties does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Lieff Cabraser or any of its attorneys or clients.
Lieff Cabraser will, to the full extent permitted under the law, protect your name and confidential information against disclosure, publication or unauthorized use.
Lieff Cabraser has offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, and Nashville. Members of the firm practice in federal district courts throughout the United States. Members of the firm are licensed to practice in California, New York, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., Tennessee, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In states in which Lieff Cabraser attorneys are not licensed to practice, we have affiliations with licensed attorneys in those states in particular cases. Individual Lieff Cabraser attorneys are licensed to practice in the state(s) enumerated on their individual attorney profiles.
Your receipt of the information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a contract for representation by Lieff Cabraser. This information is not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney. No person should act or rely on any information in this site without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Please be aware that the sending of an e-mail message to Lieff Cabraser does not contractually obligate Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP to represent you as your attorney. Lieff Cabraser cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree, in writing, that we will serve as your attorney.
You should be aware that the Statute of Limitations (the deadline imposed by law within which you may bring a lawsuit) may severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims you may have.
None of the content of this website is intended as attorney advertising. However, this web site may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.
All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. Before you decide to retain us, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.
Lieff Cabraser does not offer any guarantee of case results. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
To the extent the State Bar rules require us to designate a principal office and/or single attorney responsible for this site, Lieff Cabraser designates Steven E. Fineman, Lieff Cabraser, 275 Battery Street, 29th Floor, San Francisco, California 94111, (415) 956-1000, as the attorney responsible for this site.
Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, is a seventy-plus attorney law firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, Nashville, and Seattle. We are a law firm that represents only plaintiffs. For over forty years, our trial lawyers have successfully represented plaintiffs in individual, class and group cases in the fields of personal injury and mass torts, securities fraud, employment discrimination and unlawful employment practices, product defect, antitrust, consumer protection, aviation, environmental and toxic exposure, and human rights.
Our attorneys enjoy a national reputation for professional integrity and the successful prosecution of our clients’ claims. We possess sophisticated legal skills and the financial resources necessary to handle large, complex cases, and to take on some of the world’s largest corporations. For the last fourteen years, we have been ranked as one of the top plaintiffs’ law firms in the United States by the National Law Journal.
Statement of Client’s Rights
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyers office.
- You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court approval may be required in some matters and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge).
- You are entitled to your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaning fully in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Notice to Mississippi Residents
This website is not intended for the purpose of soliciting any prospective clients residing in the State of Mississippi for the commencement of any civil action in the State of Mississippi filed solely by Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP. If Lieff Cabraser were to file a civil lawsuit in the State of Mississippi, the firm would do so in association with a member of the Mississippi Bar who would serve as co-counsel in the litigation.